It takes a tremendous amount of courage to seek help and start to consider disclosing your vulnerabilities. I hold precious all that you’re willing to reveal, and I will walk with you to facilitate your reconnection with and growth of your inner strengths and wisdom.
I am skilled in providing individual adult therapy for a wide variety of challenges including:
- Anxiety, fear, or having excessive worries
- Cross-cultural, intergenerational, and/or familial challenges
- Asian American Women’s Issues
- Panic attacks
- Feeling emotionally overwhelmed or dysregulated
- Difficulties relaxing, can’t slow down
- Feeling tremendous weariness or burned out
- Relationship challenges
- Having hard time developing deeper connections with others
- Growing up with significant caretaker(s) who were emotionally volatile, emotionally immature, or not very present
- Low self-esteem
- Life path crossroads
- Trauma (e.g., sexual harassment or assault, growing up with DV between parents, being bullied)
- Contextual, social justice, systemic issues impacting struggles
Throughout your progress, we will work toward releasing of emotional turmoil and practice shifting toward healthier approaches. You can expect to:
- Understand and start to identify the often unconscious patterns, relational attachment styles, and cultural/systemic influences;
- Recognize and unlearn how you may be responding to triggers;
- Learn to shift cognitively, relationally, and practice mindful, somatic, emotional techniques to heal deep hurts, as well as identifying possible unconscious barriers that may be impeding your progress;
- Learn to own your strengths and wisdom;
- Communicate your inner truth for meaningful connections;
- Improve relationship with self and others;
- To feel more inner alignment with yourself, to start to smile more.
Are you ready to commit to yourself?
Session Modality and Frequency
I provide individual therapy for adults in CA during day hours via telehealth (Mondays, Tuesdays), and in-person (on Thursdays), by appointment only. I usually recommend meeting weekly. This allows you to start to gain insight and build skills to notice and shift your patterns. Depending on the complexity of your patterns and struggles, we will collaboratively decide whether we continue weekly sessions as we proceed in the therapeutic process. We may consider spacing out to every other week or decide that we want to continue the weekly therapy. You will typically walk away with some techniques or insight within the first few sessions.
As a holistic psychologist and pending your particular struggles, I integrate various approaches to increase your awareness of and use of relational, emotion-focused, cognitive behavioral, and mindfulness-based techniques to facilitate attendance of your mind, body, emotions, so that you reconnect with that inner wisdom, your deep soul. I also facilitate somatic, imagery work, and/or body energy psychology (e.g., clinical Emotional-Freedom Techniques, which is me teaching you to tap on your own acupressure points) to release emotional turmoil and increase your sense of connection with that centered and grounded you. For those with trauma experiences, it is important to address the somatic and unconscious aspects in addition to cognitive processes. With your interest and permission and as you connect more to your inner voice, we may discuss whether to complement your therapy with reiki.
I am active and supportively direct in our sessions. I am also practically-oriented (in this way, I’m much like a life coach), and we will collaboratively identify area(s) for you to practice more effective and healthier skills in between our sessions.
It is up to you to be actively engaged during and in between our sessions, to follow through on what we discussed, for you to practice the skills you learned, and to prioritize and commit to yourself. The more you prioritize these practices, the sooner you will see shifts in your life. For example as a start, I highly recommend taking notes and writing reflections in your journal after every session, and/or setting aside time to sit in quiet to recognize, reflect about, and curiously explore what physical sensations and emotions came up in and after each session.
Please feel free to call me at 408-828-8375 or send a message below to inquire about services.
You must be logged in to post a comment.