I strongly believe in honoring each person’s life experiences, familial and cultural context, and that resilient power and wisdom within.
It is such a privilege to be able to provide therapeutic services, and to witness clients taking steps to change and reclaim their lives! I look forward to walking along with you as you take this courageous path for your own wellbeing!
- 23+ years of counseling/therapy experience with clients from very diverse backgrounds, professions, identity, life experiences
- 20+ years training, supervising and providing consultations to countless doctoral-level therapists (experienced providing clinical supervision since as an advanced doctoral practicum counselor myself)
- CA Licensed psychologist (# Psy 19278) since 2003
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology (2002)–pursued Counseling Psychology instead of Clinical Psychology degree because of my strong belief in education, social justice, and preventive work and not just focus on pathology; counseling psychology degree still afforded me the training in clinical psychology
- Was Clinical Coordinator/Assistant Director of Clinical Services for 4 years, and Director/“chief mental health officer” for an additional 4.5 years.
- Trained and experienced in mind/body/somatic/emotion interventions, including clinical Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT/”Tapping” on acupressure points), Level II
- Trained in Comprehensive Energy Psychology from International Association of Comprehensive Energy Psychology
- Developed and provided “Social Justice and Outreach” Seminar series for predoctoral and postdoctoral trainees, “Diversity Discussion Seminar/Group” for predoctoral and postdoctoral trainees, and “Supervision on Supervision” Seminar series for postdoctoral residents.
- Presented at peer-reviewed national and regional conferences
Groups and Workshops Experience
Facilitated over a hundred groups/workshops in community, with audience number ranging from small groups to over 100. Some sample topics:
- Attending to Ourselves (Boundary Setting) as Asian American Womxn
- Trauma survivors healing circles
- Tapping away Worries and Fears
- Resilience workshop series
- Anger Management workshop series
- Emotion Regulation groups (DBT-based)
- Women’s Groups
- Binge-Eating treatment group
- Red-flag mental illness warnings workshops
- Stress management/relaxation workshops
- Balancing life demands and responsibilities workshops
- Diversity Process groups, Social Justice Seminars (for doctoral-level clinical trainees)
- California Psychological Association
- Asian American Psychological Association
- Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology
I strongly believe in life-long learning and prioritize exposing myself to various new ideas and skills so that I keep improving my service to clients and the community.
When I have time, I have volunteered as:
- A pro bono mental health evaluator for asylum seekers
- A “rapid response” responder for ICE raids
- A trash cleaner for clean creeks in the Santa Clara County
- A consultant for other licensed mental health professionals regarding clinical dilemmas and career paths
Contact Dr. Lin
Please feel free to call me at 408-828-8375 or send me a message below to inquire further:
Learn to stay grounded and centered even when surrounded by life’s turmoil.
Photo credit: Top–Dr. Ellen J. Lin; rocks–Dr. Lin’s niece, Anwen Lin.
You must be logged in to post a comment.