for Bay Area APIDA Womxn Mental Health Professionals in Private Practice
Intentions of this Consultation Community
To build support, collaboration, and provide a community for SF bay area Asian Pacific Islander Desi American womxn-identified mental health professionals in private practice. This is first and foremost a “community”; having culturally-responsive consultations, referrals, and the email list are secondary though also important.
Guidelines for the Community
- Uphold standards of our professional code of ethics, including confidentiality.
- Decenter whiteness, and acknowledge the cultural, historical systems, the isms underlying experiences of members of this group and of clients.
- Listen with compassion and curiosity, with intention to learn from each other.
- Honor each other’s unique experiences and don’t presume to advise unless requested.
- When consulting, consider sharing only client demographics to the extent needed and appropriate for the specific consultation issue.
- Consider the use of “inviting/calling in” versus “calling out” (each may be appropriate given certain circumstances) with each other.
- Be mindful to contribute toward the community to help build community.
- Keep track of your own attendance if you will be reporting consultation meeting(s) for CE purposes.
Additional Guidelines for Google Group email list
- Use for collaboration and suggesting ideas, activities, agenda items for consultation meetings, or referral requests.
- May use to request consultations outside of meetings.
- Feel free to introduce your own practice and any changes to your practice (not to bombard the list with marketing).
- New members will be added to the list, only after attending two community meetings/gatherings.
- Once a group member, commit to attending at least one meeting per year.
- Use the Google Sheet to regularly update your practice information.
Draft date: 2/7/2023